Maintaining widely used open-source software over many years is hard, unglamorous work. So is producing and updating helpful content like blog posts or conference talks. ✨You✨ can help to ameliorate that!
The best way to motivate creators and maintainers is when the consumers give back. Even the tiniest amounts feel amazing because they mean that someone literally found our work worth something.
Nothing of what I do, I do to make money – I genuinely want to help everyone, everywhere. That’s why I don’t want to hide content or features behind paywalls. But it is hard, thankless work and sometimes it is difficult to come up with motivation to spend my free time on it, when the usual thing I get back are bug reports.
Therefore, if you like my work and would like me to produce more free software and more free content that benefit everyone, please support me:
Here’s a few possibilities to support me without giving anything away:
- Most carbon offset programs are somewhere between fraud and useless. I have come to trust Wren and if you want to join me, here’s my referrer link that makes the first month free for you.
- My email lives at Fastmail. With my referrer code you get 10% off.
- You may have noticed that my web page is very fast from everywhere. That’s because I use Bunny CDN. If you use my referral link to speed up your web page, I get $20 credit which helps me to offset my hosting costs.
- Morning Brew is my favorite daily general news newsletter that tries to keep things amusing.
- My travel SIMs of choice are (depending on the destination):
- I like Setapp as a way to rein in my subscription spendings. If you use my link, we’ll both get a month for free.
If you use one of my projects within your company, many of my projects are available on Tidelift. So if you get a subscription, I will benefit, too.
If you’d like to sponsor me in any other way, please let me know!
You can also support me indirectly if you speak German by getting your domains and web hosting from my employer Variomedia. Without their support my community output would be considerably smaller.