Maintaining widely used open-source software over many years is hard, unglamorous work. So is producing and updating helpful content like blog posts or conference talks. ✨You✨ can help to ameliorate that!
The best way to motivate creators and maintainers is when the consumers give back. Even the tiniest amounts feel amazing because they mean that someone literally found our work worth something.
Therefore, if you like my work, any expression would be highly appreciated and contributes toward my motivation to create more freely available software and content in my free time:
GitHub Sponsors is a great way to support my FOSS work with regular donations or one-time tips.
Corporate sponsors are possible and the $50 tiers even get sponsors banners on my projects. Please check out the GitHub Sponsors page for details or the attrs homepage how it looks like!
Here’s a few referrals in case you’re interested:
- Most carbon offset programs are somewhere between fraud and useless. I have come to trust Wren and if you want to join me, here’s my referrer link that makes the first month free for you.
- My email lives at Fastmail. With my referrer code you get 10% off.
- Morning Brew is my favorite daily general news newsletter that tries to keep things amusing.
- My travel SIM of choice is Keepgo. If you use my referral link, we’ll both get 3 GB for free.
- Finally, if you live in Germany – and I realize this is a long shot: Scalable Capital is my broker of choice for ETFs / index funds.
If you use one of my projects within your company, it would help me if you subscribed to them on Tidelift:
If you’d like to sponsor me in any other way, please let me know!
You can also support me indirectly if you speak German by getting your domains and web hosting from my employer Variomedia. Without their support my community output would be considerably smaller.